Archibald Knox alms dish

Archibald Knox alms dish

Archibald Knox alms dish
Ref:
Date:
22/04/09
Location:
Peel, Isle of Man
Photographer/artist:
Patricia A Tutt, ARPS

Gallery

Archibald Knox alms dish

A silver alms dish designed by Archibald Knox which he donated to the old St German's Cathedral, Peel, through his siblings in 1932. It is now on display in the present St German's Cathedral.

Archibald Knox, a Manxman, was the principal artist behind much of the silver and pewter produced by Liberty of London in their Art Nouveau/Arts and Crafts period. This image appeared in volume 2 of The (Knox) Journal, produced by the Archibald Knox Society. See the society website via the 'links' folder.